Thursday, March 11, 2010

This Is Life... Do you want in?

I have to ask myself this question a lot. I am not known to others to be one that gets caught up in my own appetites and comfort. However, fooling people is easy. Not that I fool people on purpose at all, I just know myself better. I know some days I wake up and I may not think about another person and their needs that entire day. Sometimes it feels like living a dream where I just need to stuff myself with anything that might make me feel a little bit better. I am there pigging out of the comforts I have and trying to resist the thoughts of something bigger. I WILL BE AN INTERNAL FAT KID NO MORE! No more I say! no more.

I will wake up and think about how this is life, given as a gift. That today the sky, the colors, the grass, the way the air feels on my nose is all a beautiful creation. That I can't just 'make it through' today and hope for the best. This day matters. When I see others, I will realize that they are not just for my own happiness, they too are also in this life. They also might be pretending that this day is a dream they need to just suffer through. Like Alice, on the new movie Alice in Wonderland. She is faced with impossibilities, hard things, and a destiny she is not sure she wants or can live up to. Alice believes that none of this matters because soon it will all vanish and fade as dreams do. And then she will begin real life again. BUT REAL LIFE IS HERE!

God is here. people are here.

"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."

Ephesians 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment