Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Ride of Shame

 It was a blustery day... shown by the dust being tormented in the wind above. I have fallen in love with riding my bike everywhere, so I just couldn't bare to drive to the grocery store even in the forceful blows. BUt... then... my back tire deflated. Perfect timing too! Just far enough away from my house that it would be so horrible and probably impossible to carry back my bike.  So...

I locked my bike to the stop sign and went for... ugh, yes, my car. 
The storm billows within 5 minutes dried my wet hair. See for yourself.
 
Then it took me 10 minutes to unlock the bike lock. And there was a mean little dog barking, and maybe it was the dust in my eyes kicked up by the wind, maybe it was the frustrating, maybe it was the constant barking, or having no one really to call (because it was just a stupid bike lock) but I cried. I cried a lot. Finally, it opened as if it had always wanted to. I tried my best to get my bike in the back of the jeep. The people who live by the stop sign helped me. They were so nice.

This is my jeep with the bike and the groceries I bought.

I don't know why this happened. I don't know what I am suppose to learn.
But maybe it will come to me.

Oh yes, ride of shame? Yes, I rode past the same guy within 60 seconds...
sure, i can be the weird bike lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment